I got back home yesterday to find a box in my room with a 5.1 surround sound speaker set. I ask my mum where she got it from, and she told me that it was just lying in the street with a note saying, "take me". I tried out the speakers with no expectations of it to work, but when plugged into my phone, it did play music but very quietly (the kettle boiling in the next room was louder than the music). I decided to have a look inside to see what was the problem and was left looking at this:
I have little knowledge when it comes to electronics so just starred at the different components until I realised that the volume control had broken off, and so I needed to either, reattach the volume control or; find something else to complete the circuit.
I found some of my old guitar strings lying around and saw that the A string was the right size as the holes on the circuit board. After that I simply put 2 and 2 together.

Then seen as I kind of destroyed the speaker case trying to get at the circuit board, I decided to make a new one out of the closes thing I could find. Here's the finished result:
I now have a fully functional speaker set that only cost me and old phone box and a guitar string.


No comments:
Post a Comment